Sports
Musona Returns Home to Join Brother at Scottland FC
Veteran Zimbabwean forward Knowledge Musona has signed with Scottland FC, marking a return to local football following the expiration of his contract with Saudi Pro League side Al-Okhdood last month.
Musona, who did not renew his deal after the club chose not to offer an extension, is now preparing to make his Castle Lager Premier Soccer League debut — a first in his long career.
Despite his status as one of Zimbabwe’s top football exports, the 34-year-old has never played in the country’s top division, having launched his professional career with South Africa’s Kaizer Chiefs.
The move also reunites Musona with his younger brother, Walter Musona, who is not only a player but the captain of Scottland FC. This marks the first time the siblings will compete in the same league.
While the club is yet to make an official announcement, sources confirm that Knowledge Musona has agreed to terms and is expected to attend Scottland FC’s match against Yadah at Rufaro Stadium on Monday afternoon.
ALSO READ : HIPH Demands Retraction from Nurses Council Over Damaging Public Statement
Sports
PSL Hails 25 000 Fans for Electrifying Dynamos FC vs CAPS United FC Clash
The Premier Soccer League Zimbabwe has praised football fans and stakeholders for their continued support of local football, following the successful hosting of the Harare Derby between Dynamos FC and CAPS United FC at the weekend.
In a statement, the PSL expressed gratitude to supporters across the country for the passion and commitment they have shown since the start of the season, highlighting the electric atmosphere witnessed during Sunday’s derby encounter in Harare.
“We would like to express our sincere appreciation to football fans across the country for the passionate support they have shown to their respective teams since the start of the season,” the statement said.
The PSL said the Harare Derby was made memorable by the overwhelming turnout and cooperation from various stakeholders involved in organising the match.
“In particular, we thank all stakeholders who contributed to the success of the Harare Derby between Dynamos FC and Caps United FC this past Sunday, making it a truly special occasion,” the PSL said.
According to the league, more than 25 000 paying fans attended the highly anticipated clash, creating an exciting atmosphere that reflected the growing enthusiasm surrounding domestic football.
“More than 25,000 paying fans created an incredible atmosphere, once again demonstrating the power, passion and unity of our football family,” the PSL said.
The league also acknowledged the role played by its commercial partners, clubs and other stakeholders in ensuring smooth matchday operations throughout the season.
“We also extend our gratitude to our valued partners for their continued support of football and commend the efforts by the clubs and stakeholders, working closely with the PSL, to ensure every matchday is successfully organised,” the statement said.
The PSL reaffirmed its commitment to maintaining safe and enjoyable matchday experiences for supporters while protecting the image of local football.
“We remain committed to providing a safe, secure and enjoyable matchday environment that protects the reputation of our clubs and the game as a whole,” the PSL added.
However, the league raised concern over incidents of missile throwing and other forms of misconduct by some supporters, warning that such behaviour damages the image of the sport and places financial strain on clubs.
“At the same time, we urge all supporters to refrain from missile throwing and any other forms of misconduct. Such behaviour creates unnecessary negative attention, places a significant financial burden on clubs, and takes away from the positive spirit of the game,” the PSL said.
The league called on supporters to promote responsible behaviour and report any unethical conduct during matches.
“Let us all continue to play our part by reporting bad behaviour or unethical conduct whenever we see it, while supporting our teams in a responsible and respectful manner,” the PSL said.
The statement concluded with a rallying call for fans to continue supporting local football and filling stadiums across the country.
“Keep bringing the energy, keep supporting football, and keep filling our stadiums as we continue building something special together.”
Sports
Highlanders in Chaos: Players Stage Strike Over Unpaid Salaries as Club Crumbles
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe – The once-mighty Highlanders Football Club has been plunged into a fresh abyss of turmoil, as players staged a dramatic protest over unpaid salaries, effectively sabotaging crucial preparations at a pivotal stage of the season. This latest act of defiance exposes a deepening crisis at Bosso, painting a grim picture of mismanagement and neglect that threatens to derail the club entirely.
According to a damning report by The Chronicle, the entire Highlanders squad reported for training on Wednesday but defiantly refused to participate in the session. Instead, they opted for a coordinated sit-in, a stark and public display of their profound frustration over outstanding wages. This is not merely a minor grievance; it is a symptom of a systemic failure.
This incident is far from isolated. It marks a continuation of a festering crisis that has gripped the Bulawayo giants. It is understood that not only the players, but also members of the technical team and even office staff, are owed at least two months’ salaries. Such chronic financial instability is utterly unacceptable for a club of Highlanders’ stature and history.
The Chronicle further reveals that this ongoing standoff has utterly decimated morale within the camp. The squad, once a symbol of Bulawayo pride, is now a hotbed of discontent, their patience worn thin by repeated delays in payment. How can a team be expected to perform when its basic needs are ignored, and its professionals are treated with such disdain?
Predictably, this internal chaos has translated directly onto the pitch. Highlanders have endured an abysmal start to the current campaign, managing a solitary win in their opening ten matches, with the majority ending in frustrating draws. This dismal performance is not merely bad luck; it is a direct consequence of a leadership vacuum and a blatant disregard for player welfare.
As the Bulawayo giants limp towards their Sunday fixture against Triangle United, one must ask: What hope is there for a positive result when the very foundation of the team – its players – are in open revolt? The Highlanders faithful deserve answers.
They deserve accountability. This club, a national institution, is being systematically destroyed by those entrusted with its care.
The time for platitudes is over; urgent and decisive action is needed to rescue Bosso from the brink.
Sports
Ferguson Hospitalised as Manchester United Edge Liverpool FC in 3-2 Thriller
Legendary former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was taken to hospital after feeling unwell at Old Trafford shortly before the club’s match against Liverpool FC.
Sources at the club said the move was purely precautionary and not an emergency.
Ferguson was taken from the stadium by ambulance, and officials remain optimistic that he will recover quickly and return home soon.
Despite the concern surrounding Ferguson, Manchester United delivered an exciting performance on the pitch, defeating Liverpool 3-2 in a dramatic English Premier League clash.
Young midfielder Kobbie Mainoo played a key role in the victory, scoring crucial goals that helped secure the win. The result also confirmed Manchester United’s qualification for the 2026/27 UEFA Champions League season.
Under the guidance of new coach Michael Carrick, United have shown remarkable improvement.
Since taking charge, Carrick has led the team to victories over several top sides, including Manchester City, Arsenal FC, Chelsea FC, and Aston Villa.
The win over Liverpool adds to a growing list of impressive results, raising hopes among fans that Manchester United are returning to their former glory.
-
Current Affairs6 months agoOperation restore order
-
Crime and Courts8 months agoMasasi High School Abuse Scandal Sparks Public Outcry
-
Crime and Courts8 months agoKuwadzana Man Jailed for Reckless Driving and Driving Without a Licence
-
Current Affairs10 months agoBreaking: ZIMSEC June 2025 Exam Results Now Available Online
-
Current Affairs9 months agoMunhumutapa Day: Zimbabwe’s Newest Public Holiday Set for Annual Observance
-
Current Affairs7 months agoBREAKING NEWS: ZANU PF Director General Ezekiel Zabanyana Fired
-
Business6 months agoTino Tungwarara Launches Prevail Mart, Becoming One of Zimbabwe’s Youngest Retail Entrepreneurs
-
Current Affairs9 months agoNo Racism in Our Cricket: Government
